Lightning-fast data communication
With socket communication, all connected display units (up to 20 custom smart devices at once) receive a minimal data stream from the central unit with a minimum delay. The data is pre-processed in real time, which is also assisted by artificial intelligence (AI) and machine vision (CV) algorithms.
Airmoniq PRO Vision analytics
The Airmoniq PRO Vision Processor is a true curiosity on the sailing market as there are no other commercially available sailing instruments that are able to analyze both the boats settings and events with optical methods.
- Person Detection: Tracking and recording positions of persons moving on board with stereo vision and the help of Artificial Intelligence.
- Hull Detection: The hull is detached from its environment, its orientation is determined, and the position, extent and exact size of other objects can be determined on the basis of its known dimensions.
- Sail Surface Detection: Machine vision, image manipulation algorithms and convolutional neural networks are used to determine visible sail surfaces.
- Sail Draft Detection and Measurement: the sail draft position and the maximum draft depth are fixed, machine vision and artificial intelligence help us.
- Boom Detection: Determine the horizontal angle of the boom with the hull. With our other sensors, we can also determine the vertical angle of the boom relative to the mast.
With intelligent measurements, you can not only see the ship’s performance on the unique polar charts, but you can also analyze exactly how we have achieved that performance.
Generating and refreshing polar diagrams
Artificial intelligence helps to filter the data measured for the polar chart. For example, tack detection (automatic detection of turning and gybing, time, steering angles, camera image, inclination, gyroscope data), and the filtering of the temporary data created during a tack change is going through a mathematical and AI node. Thus, the polar charts are calculated using real and stable data alone.
The measured polar points are made continuous and into a diagram that represents reality well by a complex mathematical sequence (nth order polynomial fitting, neural network smoothing). We perform statistical calculations to determine a peak performance polar chart for competitive situations, as well as an optional median polar chart.
The polar chart used also varies with current wind speed (1 knot resolution), as well as the detected wave amplitude, wave direction, and wave velocity.
Our unique polar charts are self-developing: it learns every time you go boating, it becomes more accurate, it develops. Over time, it conforms to the boat and to the individual performance of the captain and crew.
Managing multiple captain profiles
The system is capable of handling multiple captain profiles, making it suitable for charter and multi-owner ships to enhance individual performance.
Continuous (filtered) and bulk sync to cloud
The measured data is uploaded to a cloud-based system in the case of using a suitable communicator unit and the web application can be used for post-analysis and coaching support. The coach on the boat accompanying the racing boat can continuously see the ship’s polar chart and performance data on a laptop, and can give the ship’s crew on-the-fly coaching support.